THEXCH offers web-based services such as a visually-oriented business directory, faceted search navigation and advertising. The web site is owned and operated by THEXCH, a wholly-owned division of Yesco Ltd.
- How does THEXCH receive corporate information?
- How is my company information used?
- With whom does THEXCH share information?
- What are my options to control the use of my personal information?
- What else should I know about my privacy?
THEXCH receives and stores information obtained from users in four ways: Registration, customer inquiries, cookie technology and IP addresses.
- Registration: When you register to become a member, THEXCH collects general profile information to set up your account. During the setup process, select marketing questions may be asked to help us better understand your needs and preferences, but these questions are optional. If you do choose to answer these questions, the data will be used in aggregate by THEXCH to help us improve our services.
- Your Profile: Once your account information has been verified, you will receive notification that your account is ready for use. Thereafter, THEXCH will not access your data without your permission or redistribute your information without your consent.
- IP Address: An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer and transmitted by your browser as you use the Internet. THEXCH logs IP addresses for the purposes of systems administration and the report of information in aggregate form (e.g., such as site access statistics) to third parties.
THEXCH gathers member information to set up your account and to make the application more functional for you. This information is used to track member activities and usage to gather information for aggregate analysis and billing purposes.
E-mails: As a registered User, e-mails may be sent to your company as part of the system functions. Other e-mails may include notices about additional services or system upgrades and scheduled maintenance.
Application Information: THEXCH does not disclose your company information to any third party except under circumstances required by law. We will disclose your personal information when we believe in good faith that any applicable law, regulation, or legal process requires it, or where we believe disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of another member. Your company name, address, contact information and description are included in profile pages utilized in the Buyer/Supplier matching modules. We also disclose cumulative user statistics in order to describe our services and reach potential Supplier Partners. Aggregate data is not traceable to you specifically.
Transaction Data: Company transaction data collected through the use of our applications will not be accessed under any circumstances without your written permission. Your transaction data will never be redistributed for any reason.
You may cancel your service with THEXCH and/or request the removal of your corporate information from our user records by contacting us. We will send a e-mail to the administrative email address of record to confirm your request. Once your confirmation is received, we will remove your information from our database. Residual information may remain in our archives and records, but this information will not be used for commercial purposes. We reserve the right to maintain information on registered users who have violated our Terms of Service or who have had their access to THEXCH blocked in order to detect repeat offenders.
Please remember that protection of your privacy begins with you and your employees. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of all the passwords you use.
For your protection, all information transmitted through our site is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We believe that SSL is among the best software available today for secure transactions. Firewalls, applications authentication and SSL 128-bit encryption also help ensure that your data is secure as it resides in our data center. THEXCH employs reasonable effort to safeguard the privacy of your corporate information, but you must be aware that transmission of data made by means of the Internet cannot be rendered absolutely secure. THEXCH assumes no liability for disclosure of data due to errors in transmission or unauthorized access by third parties.
For more information regarding privacy online, check out these helpful links:
Last updated: Thursday, June 18 2009